Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Midterm Reflection

As the first incarnation of the Hip Hop Project nears the midpoint, we took some time to reflect on what we've done and learned so far. The comments below are from the students in response to one or more of the following questions:


What has been the most exciting part of the HHP?
How would you describe the HHP to someone from another school?
What is one interesting thing you learned about Hip Hop so far?
Who are some people involved in Hip Hop who you admire?
Who are some of the Hip Hop pioneers?
Who are some prominent Saskatchewan-based Hip Hop artists?
What is your favourite piece of technology you've worked with?
What are you good at doing? Not so good at?
What would you like to do more of in the second half of the project?
What would you like to say about the HHP?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The most exciting part is that the equipment we get to use in this experience. It's a fun thing to do to be with friends and having fun.
I like to work on my graffiti and art work. I'm not that good at b-boyin and rappin. I would like to say the HHP is fun. You get to be with friends, learn about hip hop, and just have fun.

Solomon A.

Anonymous said...

Yo. I'm straight greatest beat producer in the hip-hop industry.
DJ producing ain't too hard for me I guess. I learned a secret way to insert beats with the MPC 1000.

Calvin G Redwood

Anonymous said...

My favorite technology I've worked with has to be the turntables at the U of R and the beat making mpc 1000.....I'm good at mixing on the turntables but not really good at making beats on the mpc 1000.

Kashayla

Anonymous said...

If I was to tell someone from another school about the Hip Hop project I would tell them to transfer schools because the project is awesome. The Project makes school fun, something worth while and something to look forward when you come to school. I like the fact that we get to learn and know the history about something we all love. Usually school is boring and you wish you can just go home, but when you're doing the Project time flies by. I would recomend that all schools do something like it to keep their students interested.

Raven L

Anonymous said...

I think the most exciting part of the HHP was the dance class because we just didn't learn about b-boying, but about other dance styles and how hip-hop dancing came to be. Some of the people involved in the hip-hop industry that I admire would be Jay-Z, 50cent, and Diddy. Mainly because they're smarter than other artists by taking advantage of the opportunity of starting other business' such as record labels, clothing lines, shoe lines that would later on become succesful and keep them relevent in the game.

Anonymous said...

The most exciting part of the HHP is that we go to the U of R every Tuesday and Thursday. Same with every other Friday. Thats what I think is so exciting about the HHP.
I like it because we play around with all the music equipment, etc.

Jordan A.

Anonymous said...

My favourite piece of techology was the turntables. They were the most fun because of all the different things you could do with them like mix beats together. It was sweet. I would like to say that the HHP is a good way to learn. It is sweet.

Mike T.